Sharon Vornholt from Louisevile, Kentucky is a master marketer, wholesaler, and really understands the probate and absentee owner process. In fact, today we get really deep with her approach to marketing to probates and finding absentee owners. She gives us her specific methods for direct marketing to this unique demographic and even provides a copy of her initial probate letter, which you can download below!
Have any questions for Sharon or myself? Just post them in the comments area below! And if you like what you hear, be sure to click here to subscribe in iTunes. And while you’re there, why not leave us a review and five-star rating?
Plus, don’t forget that we will be starting up a first-of-its-kind House Flipping Mastermind group in February! If you’d like to get information on the upcoming webinar or any other information, just sign up here: houseflippinghq.com/mastermind
In this episode we cover:
- Sharon’s early beginnings with properties starting a home inspection company and then getting hooked on investing at her first REIA meeting.
- How Sharon started with wholesaling and what she recommends for people who are just starting out
- Sharon’s current business model and why she transitioned away from being a landlord
- Sharon’s main marketing source and the best source of her leads
- The power of networking with your REIA group
- Why probates are unique and how to market to them effectively (hint: don’t send a yellow letter or postcard!)
- Marketing to the executor vs. the heirs
- The four pieces of information you need to start a probate campaign
- Sharon’s specific approach to crafting a probate letter and how many letters she sends
- Sharon’s specific approach to marketing to absentee owners and which direct mail pieces get the best results
- Sharon’s preferred mailing and list services for direct mail marketing
- How Sharon handles phone calls
- “There was something really scary about making that first offer and wondering if I would be able to find a buyer” ~ Sharon Vornholt
- “You have to learn what a good deal is” ~ Sharon Vornholt [Tweet This!]
- “You need a realtor who understands investing” ~ Sharon Vornholt [Tweet This!]
- “There are around 3,300 counties in the United States, and every one of them is different” ~ Sharon Vernholt
- “What’s good is bad and what’s bad is good” ~ Justin Williams [Tweet This!]
Links and Resources
- Innovative Property Solutions, LLC
- Louisville Gals Real Estate Blog
Click below to download Sharon’s probate letter example
[wpdm_file id=18 title=”true” ]
Like what you hear?
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the House Flipping HQ Podcast, we’d love to hear about it! Head on over to iTunes and leave us a rating (5 stars would be great!) and review so that others who are interested in starting a house flipping business can find us and get in on the good stuff. Click here to leave a review and rating If you have any questions or comments about this show or it’s contents, please post them in the comments area below and I’ll be happy to answer them!
Image Attribution: By Greg-si (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons